Amphenol PCD’s Carbon PEEK Thermoplastic solutions offer strong, lightweight, low-cost alternatives to Titanium (Ti-6Al-4V) solutions currently used in the space industry. Molded parts can be designed into shapes that are difficult or impossible to attain with CnC machining, enabling more weight efficient and cost-effective designs. As a molded part, Carbon PEEK Thermoplastic parts use less material, and generate less process waste than machining Ti-AI-4V. Highly resistent to most chemicals and fluids, Carbon PEEK Thermoplastic solutions are suitable for fuel, cooling and heat pipe applications. And unlike TI, Carbon PEEK Thermoplastic does not suffer from Cold Dwell Fatigue, helping ensure more reliable operation over the life of the system. So if you are looking to cut weight and lower cost without sacrificing performance, think Carbon PEEK Thermoplastic solutions from Amphenol PCD.
Features & Benefits
- Strong: Strength & durability of Carbon PEEK Thermoplastics meet or exceed Space industry application requirements.
- Lightweight: Molded parts can be designed into shapes that are difficult or impossible to attain with CnC machining, enabling more weight efficient and cost-effective designs.
- Reliable: Proven success in Commercial Aerospace & Space applications.
- Low-Cost/Eco-Friendly: Molding Thermoplastic using readily available Carbon PEEK (150CA30) is a much more efficient production process than machined Ti-6Al-4V, resulting in lower piece part costs and less material waste.
- Outgassing: Carbon PEEK Thermoplastic is a very stable material, and meets Space industry standards for outgassing.
- Moldable: As a molded solution, Carbon PEEK Thermoplastic designs can be better tailored to space restricted areas, unlike machined Ti-6AL-4V solutions.
- Suitable for sun facing applications: Carbon PEEK’s performance range meets Space industry standards. ( >100C)
- Resilient to Cold Dwell Fatigue: Unlike Ti-6AL-4V, Carbon PEEK Theromplastic is not subjet to Cold Dwell Fatigue, reducing risk of failure and prolonging the life of the equipment.
- Readily available: Carbon PEEK is available from a wide variety of NATO friendly sources, and is not subject embargos or import/export restrictions.